Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Favorite Things - Lighthouses

Those familiar with my taste in things will know that I am a lover of lighthouses.  I'm always looking for things related to that and decided to do a little searching on Ehtsee to see what I could see.  And I found a treasure trove of beautiful things and thought I'd give them a little boost in my blog.


Latimer Lighthouse - An Original Watercolor Painting by David Young


If money was not a concern, this would be mine.  Yesterday.  What a beautiful painting by a very talented man.

18 X 12 Ceramic Tile Mural Lighthouse Ocean Nautical Lighthouses Rocks 

(ok, not the greatest title, but I'm not here to criticize!)



 

So vibrant and beautiful I could really see this in my bathroom.


16x20 OLD FRIENDS..Original..Ready to Hang


This is a little different style of painting, done in acrylics on canvas, but I think it captures the serenity of a calm summer night.  The moon and the lighthouse, guardians lighting the way for sailors for hundreds of years.

Manistee North Pierhead Light Original watercolor 


This watercolor is exceptionally well done.   The artist, Brenda Thour has a beautiful selection of well detailed watercolors. 

 

14 Karat Gold Lighthouse Miniature Sculpture 


A little something different.  The lighthouse is
cast in 14K yellow gold. The lighthouse, dock and rowboat were carved in wax, then cast. These were in turn assembled to the stone base, with the oars and rope hand fabricated.  The entire sculpture is then mounted on a mahogany wood base with a glass dome cover for dust protection.  This is definitely for the serious collector, and a beautiful study of textures and color.

Lighthouse and Sailboat Suncatcher 


Beautifully hand cut stained glass.


I am no art critic, and I'm always at a loss for words to describe the feelings I get when I see things I love, and I rarely do them justice.   All I can say is that each and every single item I've featured here has struck a chord within me and represented one of my favorite things so well that I had to show them to you.  I hope you enjoy them and check out their shops to see more, because even if lighthouses aren't your thing, I can guarantee you that they will have something that strikes a chord in you too.


 




 

 

No comments: